Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BACS: no MAC address after reboot

Quote Originally Posted by icoaus View Post
    The VM network is bound to a separate physical interface - the team in question is used for host management and some cluster traffic, not VM traffic.
    The link status of the team is an important question. I found a bug against the currently released teaming software which can cause the symptoms reported when one of the team members does not have link when the team is built following a system reboot.

Dave

Thumbs down No MAC address after reboot

Quote Originally Posted by bchanpossible View Post
    I have two broadcom nics setup as a team with Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3. When I reboot the PC and run IP config in the command prompt the physical/mac address shows up as all 0's. The only way I can get the physical/mac address to show up again is to delete the team and then re-create it again. How can I get the physical/mac address to show up after a reboot in the command prompt without having to delete and recreate the team?

System:
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit
    Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
    Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3 Configuration
    Team
    No VLAN
    Smart Load Balancing and Failover (SLB)
    Standby Member

Thank you
    Dell PE SC1435 with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet adapters, running 2008 R2. Downloaded drivers today. Seeing same behavior: create a team, or alter the config, team has the correct MAC addy (not 00:00:00:00:00:00). Reboot: no MAC addy. Since we use reserved DHCP and Dynamic DNS updates to manage the network, this poses an obvious problem. I've tried setting one member of the team to Standby, didn't help.

I guess I'm going to have to dump the SLB/F teaming and see if LACP works. Later.

Seems like this would register as a significant bug, and get fixed, ASAP.